Sunday, April 12, 2009

The tale of three sweaters................

1. My February Lady Sweater - F.I.N.I.S.H.E.D. yea! All done on Friday and I wore it to Easter dinner today. I need to get a new turtleneck to wear underneath in white. I really like the way it fits and it was fun to knit.

Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash Paints
Size 7 Needle
February Lady Sweater pattern found on Ravelry.








2. Ruth's Baby's & Bears baby sweater
Ruth finished up the Baby's & Bears sweater she has been working on for a very short time.
I think she used Reynolds Saucy cotton yarn. I love the yarn, and think it is very very cute!
Instead of a hood, she put on a nice collar. This is for her new great-niece, Parker, who is due
in the next month or so.





3. Martha's Sienna Cardigan from Interweave Knits Fall 2006 book
This is the interweave knits pattern in fall 2006, Sienna Cardigan. It has a rolled garter knit stitch neck. The little ladder detail is parallel to the front button band. The yarn is Foxfire Fiber and Designs from the Springdalle Farm in Shelburne Mass, near Martha's house. It is 75% Cormo wool and 25% Tussah silk. She said it is going fast since it is 4 sts/in. The color in the picture is more washed out than in real life.




(Did you notice both sisters made their sweaters in similar colors? Without knowing what the other one was doing.....)

We are all working on socks.....more progress on that next week.

Have a fun week....

No comments: