Sunday, August 10, 2014

Knit Like the Wind


Remember the expression Run Like the Wind?  Well,
knitters, I think we need to Knit Like the Wind this fall.
The weather guys are predicting a Polar Vortex in
September.   I feel like we need to get our warm knits
 knitted and then knit some more...ha!

 I have a small start on the Mrs Garter sweater.
Collar is size 8 needle in garter.  body is size 6.
So far so good.  I think I will need a little  help
with directions in a while.  Bartlett yarn worsted.



It is really more of a heavy worsted..

I blocked the WendyKnits Summer Mystery Shawl.

I'm really glad I did not listen to Wendy's suggestion and not block.
I soaked for a long time.  It actually enhanced my shawl.
I used German Short Rows.


and pinned the points

and wore it last night!

I'm almost done with the 2nd sock. 


Ruth is working on a sweater for her son.
Jared Flood's Cobblestone pattern.
 Madelinetosh merino in the a plaid Blanket colorway.
I think it is sooo pretty.

Martha is 99.2% done with her summer sweater!
Miley Tee.  Multicolor is Queensland Dream.
She did a lot of her own mods to make this fit so perfectly.
Just needs buttons and blocking and it will be done.

I went to the Brockport Arts Festival for a short time today.
A local vendor was selling worsted 100% alpaca that his wife spun
herself, from their own animals. She sells for $8 an ounce, but may
sell for $6 if you buy a lot.  It was beautiful.  I looked at the price
$45 for 145 yards.  I did not even bother to figure out how much
a sweater would cost!!!!

Speaking of the Arts Fest, I got several compliments on this:
My old...very old...booga bag that I made 10+ years ago...
Noro yarn...who would have thought!

Have a great week.

No comments: