Sunday, November 26, 2017

The Heat is On....

The heat is on to get the Christmas knitting done.
There is an extra week before Christmas this year, and
I'm in great shape!

Finished up the Padina Pavonia Sock.
 
 I'm actually very happy with them. Blocking really
opened the pattern up. For my SIL for Christmas.

I have a bit done on the socks using the
Morning Hugs pattern.
Close to starting the heel. I was going to use an
afterthought heel, but not sure now.
The pattern is easilymemorized, but a little fiddly at first.  Hard to see the pattern in the pics...

Started a pair of Ghostwood Mittens to go with the headband
I recently made.  Put just a touch of pink at the cast on edge.
Using Berroco Ultra 100% superwash wool, and Plymouth Kid Gloss yarn
held double. 

Martha is quite far on her sweater, but found a booboo down
a bit.  I'll let her tell you about it....

Martha's own words:
Can you see the mistake in my sweater?😲 I was cruising along, medicating my tendinitis so I could speed along on my sweater. It looks good, right?  Yeah right,   until you look at the at the pattern! Do you see to the right of the pink cable needle sticking out, that's supposed to be k1p1 pattern not garter. It changed all the patterning on that side... 😢😢😢😢

I'm not sure what I'm going to do, I think I'll rip down and correct them, ugh. Maybe I'll time that too see how many years long that takes 😢🙄.
 
I feel her pain. I have to rip my sweater out yet, once the
Christmas  knitting is done, I never noticed my mistake till
I looked at the blog.
 
She is also working on her  vibrant socks!
 
 
I'm glad she has these fun socks to help her
recover from the sweater ripping!

Guess what!  Ruth is  knitting a little...as long as she
does not do  too many purls, she is ok!  Yippee!
She will be back on the blog in no time.

In other news:

Did you check out the Indie  Giftalong yet?
I got a couple cute patterns...

I also joined the Just for you 4 knitalong.  It's a project
that can be done in a few days, just an hour a day to spend
on yourself with the craziness of holiday season.  
I am going to use Cascade 220 yarn, in burgandy and
gray.

In other news:

Joe went fishing on Friday...
He and his friend caught a lot of perch.

After hosting Thanksgiving, I felt like a truck
ran over me on Friday...LOL.

Got the sleigh filled with green on Small Merchant Saturday

Today I made sausage soup that contains: apple/onion sausage, 
onions, garlic, potatoes, carrots, corn, diced tomatoes, green beans,
black beans and spinich.  Yummmmm
and some pumpkin/apple muffins to go along with it.

That's all I've got. What are you knitting?  Have a wonderful
week, dear blog readers. 


1 comment:

karen said...

I hope you get all of your crafting done in time! I am steadily making progress on my to do lists but boy it's a long list.