Sunday, March 4, 2018

Jazzy

So I am working on Joey's brown sock.  This week Joe said
OMG you're making Joey a brown sock?   Yes, even Joe realizes
that brown is not fun to knit with. Must be the influence of the
pink socks I made him at Christmas, and the koolaid dyed socks
I made for Joey.  They were definitely much more jazzy than
brown.  But, I did have a plan.  I was going to put some color
in the heel and toe.  The yarn is Panda Silk which is 52% bamboo,
43% superwash wool, and 5% silk. Joey's feet love the bamboo,
it wicks the sweat away.  Jimmy  Beans wool had a big sale
last year so I bought a few colors. Brown, yes, but an accent
color too.  I liked the looks of afterthought heel so much I decided
to do it on the plain brown socks...in stripes!
This yarn is sooo wonderfully soft, he won't mind that
it's brown...and the pattern is an easy one I made up...
Knit 6 rows plain, and then K1P1 for one row.  This heel with
the stripes was very very fiddly, but I like how it came out.
The toe will be stripes also.

Joe and I are going away on  Friday for a week so I hope to
have one sock complete.I'll work on the other one when
we are driving.

I did start Mark's giant size 13 sock to take when traveling
also.  His are brown, but a nice Knitpicks Hawthorne brown.
Not enough to show yet.  

Ruth has finished the blanket...so nice and jazzy...
what a lucky baby! and what a lot of work!


She also started a onesie for the baby.  
Here are the details in her own words:
Pattern is Tiriltunge by Siv Jane Aksdal. I'm leaving the hole pattern out since I'm not sure if it's for a boy or girl. I think I'll do short sleeves since the baby will be in Phoenix. The yarn is Knit Picks Hawthorne fingering. Cosmic Speckle. I've also decided to do snaps instead of buttons. Now that I'm done with the increases and put the sleeves on holders, it's going quickly.
I love it!

Martha has finished up her first sock. Her own pattern.
 yarn is 45% cotton, 40% wool, 15%nylon. They’re for early fall, 50* weather...
I think her pattern is very jazzy!

In other news...we got snow on Friday...a lot of it.
Thick, heavy wet snow.
Joe thought it was hysterical that the driveway at Lowes
was clear, but the snowblowers were buried.

It was sooo pretty today.  But cold.
The pile in the driveway is huge...still.

Years ago I made a booga felted bag, and still use it all of the time.
Left it laying on the couch this week....
and guess who decided it was snuggle worthy
He looks so uncomfortable trying to fit on it instead of stretching out...
he is just such a character.

He's not very happy that I put it away
Joe was wearing his deer hat so I snapped a quick picture
We are traveling next week so no blog.  Chat in a couple of weeks
dear blog readers...Happy Knitting!

No comments: