Sunday, May 10, 2020

Knit-A-Tating

 Ruth,  Martha and I did a Google Meeting yesterday and it
was so cool. We talked about knitting!  What else, right?
I told them I had a lot of knitting on the needles, but nothing
brainless, and I felt lost.  Martha said she prefers to only work
on one project at a time because she makes so many modifications
she has to totally concentrate so she can keep up with them.
Ruth likes to knit one at a time too. 

For me, I  need different knitting. I don't want to concentrate
all of the time, sometimes I just want - need - to knit. 
As the name of the blog says, this is Knitting meditation for me.
I solve a lot of problems while knitting, much like some people
solve them while singing in the shower. 

I think it's always so interesting to hear different opinions and
the "why" of doing things; especially in knitting.

So if you are wondering, I did not start anything new.
I was working on the Norwegian Fir baby sweater sleeve in the round, and
did not like the ladders.

The ladders appeared because I
had to knit a round/purl a round to mimic garter stitch.
So, I ripped the sleeve out and started knitting flat.  I will
now have to seam the side, but it's so small it will be ok.
It was pretty brainless.....sigh...yea.

Only did one repeat on the Vedder shawl. 
I like the colors a lot.



Ruth has the front of her sweater almost done.
Probably done by the time this is published.
I love this picture and how the sun is shining on it.
And if you zoom you can see how the colors really pop
Ruth is moving along on the front of her sweater.
Alana sweater. West Yorkshire Knitters Croft yarn. Mossbank color.


Martha has finished the front of her Deschutes sweater and is working on
the sleeves.
Here is the back:

She figured out the increases sleeves based on gauge.
I think it's so nice!!



In other news:

Ruth's grandson Ray loves spaghetti  I love this picture

Yesterday Ruth taught her husband how to sew

He's making Pennants for his boats.  I think they are terriffic

Ruth sent these pictures from yesterday. The weather has been crazy.
This one:


And this is what it looked like 15 minutes later:




The deer are out back again.

Joe/Joey went walleye fishing last night:

Martha's dog Penny was relaxing while Martha
was knitting. 

Have a great week dear blog readers.  I hope you get some
good knitting time in.  Knit-a-tate onward.

1 comment:

karen said...

beautiful projects, I love the yellow that is going into the shawl, so pretty! I am hoping we are done with the winter weather this week. This month so far has been colder than usual and dreary as well.