Hi Dear Blog Readers!
It's been a busy week. I love vacation. I would love retirement but would have to be careful not to spend money like I was on vacation! Ha!
A little knitting happened! I cleaned a closet out and found a lot of yarn I won't really use for anything. I don't know what came over me, but I started a hat. 40 stitches. They are so fast and it's fun to see how the colors turn out. This is Noro Kureyon - four strands.
Adult sizeThis is two gray DK that are the dullest gray you ever saw. Mixed with the other colors, it's fun. Four other colors and two gray. When I run out of a color, I just add a new one, no matter where I am in the row.Knit a little on the shawl while we were away. This was my main knit project.
I started Everbloom sweater before we left. I had a lot of angst with my gauge and the sweater gauge. I put the info into CoPilot and it helped me figure out the size. I did not upload the pattern, just the gauge and size specs. We "chatted" about what would happen if my gauge changed, and decided it will be fine.
There was an article on Modern Daily Knitting this week about fake patterns. I think it's important to check Ravelry page and see if there are others that have knit it. Jane and Karen, my blog friends, have a pattern page for every project. I need to start doing that to help others. Even if my info is boring.
I used AI to help me create the boys football sweaters. But I knew I wanted a basic raglan. It just helped with numbers. And for the scarf, I knew what I wanted, and again it just helped with numbers.
Remember last post I said I wish Ravelry could search by gauge? Well my blogfriend Jane replied with the info that it can! Thank you so much Jane!!
In the pattern search on Ravelry, you can search by gauge. Choose Advanced Search and then scroll to the bottom of the filters. There you find a list of "More Search Options." Gauge is one of them. It is a little confusing because you enter ____ to ____ which means you can either enter the same number in both blanks and search for one specific gauge or enter two different numbers to search a range like 4 -5 stitches per inch. Hope this helps. I use that feature often as I rarely knit to gauge.
Ruth blocked her SeaGlass sweater to check for fit. It's beautiful. I love how the colors are playing out. She is starting the sleeves.
Martha finished her shawl! She said it's really big and she loves the size. Blue Jeans Wrap.
She is swatching for this vest right now.
In other news:
We are getting rain all day today. We don't really need it, but I wont have to put water in the pool this week. The pool has been beautiful this summer. YEA!
Here are a bunch of pictures from vacation in no particular order. We were there four nights and not really sure which day most of this took place.
Mason stayed over the firt night and we made oven smores. Tiffany drove home each night to take care of her dogs.
Obviously my freckles got a good charge, even with sunscreen.
Sunset pics before they left for home.
Fun on the boat.
First fish!
Sunset boat ride
Searching for minnows in the creek
Tubing!
Thank goodness she got a keeper!They brought this bike that has no peddles. It's supposed to help balance. Well, It's too big for Jayce and he walked it all of the way to he park and back. Drove it in the lake step by step.
We can't wait to go back next year. I think I will work on my sweater today while it's quiet. Work tomorrow...BOOOOO





























No comments:
Post a Comment