Sunday, August 30, 2009

Brrrr....I need to wear socks today

Brrrrr, it did not even get to 70 degrees here today in Western New York, cloudy, rainy,
whine whine whine....I know. But is it too much to ask for August to feel like August?
It's time to get the handmade socks out....
I am starting to head down the heel on Joe's Austerman Step (Temptation pattern from WendyKnits) socks. The pattern is k4, slip one. The temptation pattern is interesting....
don't pick up stitches around the gusset....there is an increase on both sides before the heel is made. I have hardly knit at all this week. I have a new job and my mind is mush by the time I get home. Only knitting I have done is on the bus.


Ruth and Martha have done a little bit, and I will share in their own words:

Ruth:
I went to my spinning class on Saturday.
I was the only one there as the other student could not come. The private lesson was divine. Deb taught me about blending fibers. I am sending a photo of the fibers I
blended and spun all from the same three colored batts. They look quite
different-the photo is not so good. She also taught me how to andean ply
off of my wrist. That is very cool. Last night I spun some Louet pencil
roving I bought quite a while ago and that is the other photo--still on
the bobbin.




Martha:

Here is a pathetic attempt to complete this sock. It has some
elements of the sock pattern even!! Ugh, I struggled with getting
the heel done properly, and after trying about 5x I gave up and just
kept knitting mistakes, to keep things consistent. The yarn is from
Ruth, it is gorgeous, huh? The pattern is Francie, by Rebekkah
Kerner, found on her blogsite, http://bowerbirdknits.blogspot.com.









We celebrated Joey's 21st birthday yesterday. We had the family at 4:00 and the
friends at 8:30... Got to bed about 3:30 am and as you guessed...I'm pretty tired.
It was a lot of fun. he has nice friends, and they all thanked Joe and I multiple
times for the evening.

Joe requested cheesecake.


Mom and dad had fun and seemed in good health.




oh, and in case you're wondering...Joey really cleaned himself up nice before those cute girls got here......

No comments: