Sunday, November 8, 2009

An update, at last!

Up and Running at last!

Ruth, Martha and I went to Rhinebeck and had a wonderful time. We spent most of Saturday there, and we were cold! But the cold brought out the fashion show....meaning, most everyone that walked by was wearing some wonderful piece of handknit finery. Most of it was absolutely stunning. We stayed in Kingston. When we had continental breakfast at the motel, we met some other women who came on a bus. They were from the "north country" in New York.
Here are a few pictures of our finds:

Me:





Most of the yarn I got is for socks. The soft gray is oh so soft and will be a sweater for me
...some day.



Don't you just love the mugs! My tea tastes so much better.

The medium size bag was a real find...not very expensive,
lined and oh so cute!


Ruth:

Ruth got a lot of "stuff" to wind and spin.


this batch had a lot of gold color to it and it wonderful.

She got bags and bags of stuff and I'm not sure what the proper name for
all of it is....but I know she will be busy for a long time spinning!




Martha:

This is a vest she made prior to Rhinebeck that she wore there. She got the buttons at
Rhinebeck. the vest was fab and fit well.



this is a picture of the back of the buttons, she puts felt on the
back and it makes a nice sturdy edge....
this is the technique:
Connie I tried to take a close up of the reinforcement and it came out blurry. Basically, I try to make the circle of wool felt the same size as the button and button band. I Blanket stitch it on and then sew on the button through the felt. That is the "technique".





She got lots of goodies, including a sheepskin throw, mug and yarn.

Ruth and Martha purchased the pattern for Yarn Harlot's Pretty Thing cowl.
Martha made one and gauge was a little off, and then she made a 2nd one
that looks great on her. The baby doll was a nice practice piece, don't you think!



I just finished up an eyelet cowl from a little piece of cashmere I got at Rhinebeck.
from Ellen's Half Pint store.


I adapted the pattern from a stitch pattern in The
Harmony Guide Lace and Eyelets, page 43,
Eyelet Twist Pattern. Cast on 104 stitches, got almost
3 pattern repeats. Two rows of garter on each edge.
I need to block it so some of the stitches lay properly.

I am sure glad the computer is up and running...I really missed
it. Posts will be kept up on a regular basis now.

It is in the 60's here in Western NY today and so nice out.
I've washed windows and have wash on the line. Started a pair
of felted slippers. Not sure how they will turn out....more next week.

No comments: