Sunday, December 20, 2009

Knitting my fingers to the bone!

I'm knitting my fingers to the bone to try and get the Christmas socks done.
I have 2-3 more repeats and then decrease for the toe, and then blocking.
I really wish I could take this week off of work to get done. The yarn is from
Hemlock Fibre Fest- Maple Creek Farm - silk/bamboo/wool. The pattern
is Socks of Kindness, found on Ravelry. These are some of the
nicest socks I have ever made. Good combination of yarn with pattern. Wish
you could see them in person. I have some more of that yarn from Rhinebeck
this year.




Ruth finished up the Tomten...I love her choice of buttons!



Martha made a pretty cowl of of silk/cashmere/wool yarn we dyed when
we were at her house for her sister-in-law.
Very very nice!



Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year dear blog readers!

I am off between Christmas and New Years. I hope to sit on my
fat a** and knit knit knit.
Would love to finish up the shawl.....I haven't shared pictures of that in a
long time, but I do work on it quite often.
It has been 10 years already since everyone thought the world was
going to stop when all of the computer systems turned to 2000.
My, how time flies!

2 comments:

martha said...

Connie, I like the sock pattern a lot. Martha

martha said...

And again, I knit mittens for felting this weekend. I was hoping to make them for a client and I am going to put long gauntlets on them as he likes to take them off, and day care was having a fit. I got some Lopi lite from a friend and did them with that. I remembered how my kids liked the felted mittens I made for them at the same age. I'll see how they come out! I like felting the knitting can be so crude. Martha