Sunday, September 18, 2011

Geee Wizzz It Feels Like Fall

Already! Yikes! How did it get here so fast!

I have done a little knitting this week. Finished up
the mittens to go with the Rhinebeck Ensemble:

Link
Scalene is Ravelry purchase, and Textured Tam is
from 60 Quick Knits book.

Scalene and Tam are both knit in Brooklyn Tweed
Shelter
yarn. I did not have enough left to make the
mittens, so the light gray is from Rhinebeck last year:
Greenwood Hill Farm - DK. I have a whole skein left,
and its oh so soft, so I hope to get some more this year.


I think I mentioned way back when I made Scalene, that
worsted weight is too thick for that scarf, even though the
directions had specs for it. I would love to do it again
in sock yarn, or sport weight.

The pattern for the top of the mitten (done in Shelter) comes
from the book ColorWork Stitches. It worked out perfect because the mitten had
40 stitches, and pattern was multiple of 10.


I can say I did not like carrying three yarns at
once, though.


But since it was only 7 rows, it worked out ok.


And since I have short hands and thumbs, I did not
follow the directions to decrease at tops. Top of
mitten I decreased like a hat (insert Jeannine
gasping here - LOL), so it would go faster, and did the
same on the thumb. I did kitchener 16 stitches at the
top of the mitten.

And for some reason the ribbing is a little loose, even
though I did it on needles two sizes smaller than base
(ribbing size 5, base size 7).

I have not used double pointed needles in a while, I usually
use two circs, so this was a little cumbersome. All in all
a win, I think!

I have three other things going at once.
Blue socks....so nice and soft. Working my way down the foot.
A hat for my niece, and socks for Joe.


The hat is a beret, and the socks have a little cable
going down the side. Hat and Joe's socks are my
brainless works in progress.

Ruth was on vacation last week and had too much
fun to sit and knit. Martha worked on dishcloths that
turned out nice, but not picture worthy.

Have a super knitful week - hope you are having
some outdoor weather that you can enjoy.

:)

No comments: