Sunday, October 23, 2011

Fun Stuff

Last weekend, Ruth, Martha and I headed off to Rhinebeck -
our Third Annual trip. We stay in a Super 8 in Kingston, NY.
This is the room before we even went anyplace.......LOL


Did you notice Ruth's baby spinning wheel?

Friday we got in about 12:15 and headed to Woodstock for lunch
and to poke around.

Let me just say, Woodstock is weird. Like a time wharp....
There was a cute little gift shop near the falls that runs thru
town.


I got the boys hats and Tiffany a t-shirt from a
nice updated gift shop.

Saturday, we got up bright and early, had breakfast
and headed to Rhinebeck. Ruth inspired us to make
lists of vendors we wanted to see. This year, we
headed to the ABC buildings first, before the crowds
got too big. We had artichokes for lunch.
We were warm! I did not really even need the
hat/mittens/scarf I made for the trip, but I wore them
anyway, just because.

Ruth's stuff:



Martha's stuff:


(notice vest Martha is wearing - she made it from a kit
she purchased at previous Rhinebeck).

my stuff:


combined (picture courtesy of Martha)



quite a haul, don't you think!!!

Saturday night we headed off to dinner to the
Culinary Institute of America.
It was about a 30-40 minute drive from the hotel.
Oh what a place that was. And oh what a dinner
we had there.

Remember waaaayyy back in the summer when we
made Wendy Johnson's Summer Mystery shawl.
We made them to wear at Saturday night dinner.
I really wish I had a better picture of the three
of us.




Here we are in front of the fountain at the CIA.
I'm so glad we got there in daylight.





Such a wonderful night. So wonderful.

Sunday we got up, had breakfast and headed home.

Martha had most of her yarn wound up before Ruth
and I were home. I worked on mine this weekend, no
pictures.

I did not manage to knit much this week. I did finish
up the baby booties for my neighbors new grandson
Zander, born yesterday. They will fit in a couple of months.



I was going to attach bunny ears, but I just didn't
feel like doing that fiddly knitting.


Ruth got buttons on her green vest!


she also finished up a sock - pattern is really cool
in person....

it's hard to see the pattern in this pictures...

that is it for now! I really need to get cranking on the
holiday knitting now. I am just doing the heel flap
on the blue socks. I am sooooooo sick of those things
I could scream, but I have to get them done.....

I know I can I know I can I know I can I know I can....

No comments: