Sunday, December 18, 2016

Twas the Week Before

Twas the Week Before
Christmas, and the knitting needles
are flying, trying to get last minute gifts
done.

Betty's socks are the first to go...
we are having lunch tomorrow and
she will get them...

 I'm working on the Just for you 3
mystery KAL.
The yarn is sheperds wool, in plum.
Darker yarn so harder to photo.
Very nice  yarn!

It's a relaxing knit, but quite dull.
I'm working on some boot socks. Almost
done with the 2nd one.  Making the pattern up.
Yarn is acrylic....It's an experiment, so I didn't
use good yarn...now I'm sorry.  but I can always
make more. Size 6 needles, so they are
going fast.  Go to the knee...
I may get a hat in before next week....not sure
since it's colorwork, but I'll try.

Ruth is making dishrags for a Christmas
present...She has pumped out 4 so far in
a short time!

Martha is done with body of her sweater,
and has a small start on the sleeves.

 She has been working on this hat/scarf for
her son. It's alpaca because he is alergic to
wool.  She will knit till she runs out of white.




I was telling Joe today that sometimes I have to get
yarn for a project, because even though I have tons of
yarn, sometimes I don't have the right stuff.  He said
"Martha is doing a good job of using up her bits of yarn.
That must be a lot of work".
I think it's great that he figured that out!  and he apparently
reads the blog, and does not just look at pictures.
He also told me the blog was very lame last week.  He's
right...it should get better after Christmas...

Happy Knitting...Merry Christmas...no blog post next
week since it's Christmas.







No comments: