Sunday, January 21, 2018

Happy

As I get older, I'm all about what makes me happy...why not
right? 

 I finished up the first sock.
Knitpicks Stroll yarn from Martha.
I love the colors...soooo happy!
 Did my first ever afterthought heel.
Since I wanted to make sure it fit right, I knit until I thought
I should start decreasing for the toe, and broke the yarn, and
started the heel.
Pattern directions from Year of Techniques book.

I love how it turned out.
I would make this again, with stripey yarn, and yarns
of a different color heel.

Heel instructions from a year of techniques.

They say to get down to last 6 stitches, and  then pull yarn thru
all stitches. That seemed weird to me, so I kitchnered the
last 6.  (3 on each needle).
Looks weird, but a super nice fit on the foot.

I wound some yarn for Mark's giant size 13 foot.
Knitpicks Hawthorne yarn. I love this yarn for Mark because,
it's a heavy fingering, and I can use size 2 needle.  I need 2 skeins,
but still can do a pair for approx $22. And, its really really nice
yarn!

I like the soft brown...makes me happy.
Ruth is making an adorable baby sweater for a new
baby in their family, Jack.
He will be one happy baby wearing this cute sweater !
Pattern is Sweet Baby Sweater by Caroline Wiens. Yarns are from her stash. The blue is WYS Signature and the multi is a ball of Regia.  Sooooooo cute!!!!!

Martha is modeling her sweater. What an intricate pattern, and perfect fit!
She is sooo happy with it.


She started a pair of socks with yarn from  Ruth...it gets darker as
it goes along
Nice happy colors

In other news. Not much going on this week.
My elbow is still very sore.
I did finish up Joey's hat, he has it, and I forgot to take
a picture...boo..  Hopefully he can send me one soon.

Mickey and Joe continue to be happy
hanging out together.
I got some new music this week.
Camilia Cabello
 This really makes me happy.  Sooo fun.
I love to listen when I'm making dinner, walking, cleaning...


That is all of my news this week dear blog readers...
happy knitting!

1 comment:

karen said...

your afterthought heel is gorgeous and perfect! I love that gray yarn immensely and your cat is a cutie!! Happy knitting!! Oh and I forgot, beautiful sweater!