Sunday, January 7, 2018

I Take Full Resposibility....


 I take full responsibility for the Western New York weather
the last couple of weeks...BELOW zero temps, and -20
windchill.  Snow, snow, snow. We probably have a foot or more
in the last 3 days.  I'm pretty sure it's because the last two years
it's been so warm I haven't been able to wear my
knitted accessories....This year, I can't wear enough.
Sorry folks....I'll be careful what I complain about in the future!

I have blocked the J4Y4 cowl.
This is the back:

 Front:


 Here is is on...It is big!  I may not join next year, just
because I don't need anymore  giant neck-things.
I love the Cascade 220 Wool...soft and nice stitch
definition (and not too expensive either!).

 Finally got my sweater straightened out...phew
Worked just a little on it this week.
Brookings pattern.

 The fun colored sock is progressing.

 I'm doing an afterthought heel. See the white yarn by the
orange stitch marker..that is where the heel will go.
I actually remembered to NOT do the pattern on the bottom of
the sock.

I made my own pattern...
Slip stitch every 4 on one row,
Knit 4 rows,
Bobble thing that I made up every 4 stitches
Knit 6 rows...


 Kind of fun...
I started an experiment....7" of rib, then start the pattern,
I'll let you know how it's going next week.
Cascade 220 Superwash yarn.

Ruth is coming along on her Violet Sweater by
Ann Hanson in Brooks Farm yarn.
It is soooo pretty!




Martha is nearing the end on her sweater.
Awaiting more yarn...


(Look at the pretty fleece its sitting on!)

Here it is modeled:
SO NICE!
These sisters sure can knit great sweaters!!!

In other news:
This was my view from the computer this morning, when I was
sipping coffee and looking at Ravelry.
It just kept getting better

I made sweet potato soup for my lunches this week. It still needs spinich
Very girly.
Made (un)stuffed cabbage soup


And of course bread to go with it. I refuse to pay $4 a loaf
at the store for homemade bread.

Joe has been outside most of the day getting snow off the roof,
and then snowblowing it away from the house. I hope he appreciates
this comfort food when he comes in.

Have a great week dear blog readers...stay warm,
and happy knitting!!!

No comments: