Sunday, June 3, 2018

Time marches on

I can't believe it's June already. We had a couple of hot nights
this week, and now it's quite cool here in Western NY.

Not much knitting time as is the usual lately. I figured out some
of the reason is I go to bed so early.....

I managed to turn the heel on the second giant sock.
Reminder yarn is Hawthorne by Knitpicks.
Really nice yarn!


Joe wears the homemade socks all summer and they look so
hot. I took advantage of a couple of sales this week and ordered
some cotton blend yarn that I hope his feet will love and will
be cooler.  It should be here this week so I'll show you next week.
It takes me a long time to knit socks so Im thinking maybe one pair
will get done this summer.  I still have a lot of Christmas socks
to make.

Got a couple more repeats done on the shawl.
 Not sure how much yarn is left, but I have decided when it runs out,
it will be done.  There are 540 yards so it won't (should not be) tiny.

A couple of weeks ago, I made a pair of booties for Ruth's
daughter in law who is expecting and was home for a
baby shower this week. I got pink eye of all things! and could
not go.   Here is a picture that Ruth took of the booties. In my
haste to get them there on time, I forgot to take pictures!

Pattern is Baby Hug Boots made from
Organic cotton yarn. 

Ruth is working along on her sock

I love the yarn and how its striping. she says its striping
differently on the foot part.

Martha is working on her shawl.

Chic knits, pattern Alby by Bonne Marie Burns. The yarn is Twist Sock by Hedgehog fibers the color way I think is Oak. 
She has 24 out of 29 repeats on the lace section done.


In other news....
we had a birthday party for mom and Joe today.
Not very good pictures...but time sure marches on.
Hard to believe they are another year older....but I'm
so glad they are!


Have a good week dear blog readers.
I think it's going to be very cool which = great knitting
weather.

No comments: