Sunday, May 12, 2019

Life is Short...Make it Sweet

One of my favorite bands, Old Dominion has a
song out now and part of the lyrics are
Life is Short...Make it Sweet....

That makes so much sense...

After the whole fiasco of partially felting my sweater
last week, I'm still not over it.
Tried it on today for pictures...it was still a little
damp, and a dash tight. I think I will  resoak it and see if i can
get some stretch out of it.

Still can't believe I did that.
But it's still nice, I guess...and I still have to fix the sleeves.


I finished the Llawendydd  shawl...and I love how it
turned out.

Blocked nice.

Size 6 needle.
Sport yarn - Bartlett
I added one stitch on each end, and slipped first stitch and
purled last stitch of each row, to make a nicer edge.


There is detail right down to the last stitch.

The last part went pretty quick

I probably won't get any wear out of it until next year.
Although it's 45 here today and very damp and cold.

Started a baby sweater for my friend's son who is having
a boy in August.
The multi yarn is Happy Feet DK
and the blue is Plymouth Select Worsted
Merino.
Size 6 Needle.
Pattern calls for sport weight, and I am using DK
pattern Garter Yoke Baby  Cardi
I think it needed that pop of bright
blue.  I added 5 stitches on each side for
button band.   Sweet!!!!

Ruth finished her sweater except for buttons...
I hope she sends a picture of her wearing it after
buttons.

She started a new sweater..  Humulus
Yarn is Jill Draper



 Talk about sweet...here is the latest picture of her grandson

Martha finally received her needles from Knitpicks.
She needed different ones to be able to work all of the colors
on the Bri Story sweater  sleeve.



This sweater is a ton of work!  She is finishing up a grad course,
so not much knitting from her for a few more weeks yet.
It's lovely Martha !!

Martha's son has some beautiful glass blown pieces he
has created. I think both are so beautiful and different!




 
We had mother's day here today and it was nice.

Everyone brought stuff....lots of sweetness going on.

Vicky made a danish that was fabulous


 Tiffany made kbobs, that had mini donuts and choc covered fruit

And, Tiffany made gourmet cupcakes...
She was sooo busy yesterday.

Mom brought fruit..so good and pretty

 I made an egg/veggie cassarole and pancakes ( no pics)

Joey and Benny came...talk about sweet!


Mark was here but no pics...
here is Tiffany though
and the grands
Celebrated Vicky's birthday today too
 Vicky has started a bee business, getting ready to
retire in a few years. It has taken her a year to get
ready for the bees. Classes, preparing a space, etc.

They got them last weekend.

She will have tons of honey...talk about sweet !


So cool, huh
This is Joel....

Have a great week dear blog readers....
I expect with the cooler temps it will be a good
week to knit.



1 comment:

karen said...

I have accidentally felted a few sweaters in my time, but luckily I wore them for a year before I did the mistake. Lovely photos and everyone is so happy!