Sunday, November 24, 2019

We Blinked

How can it be Thanksgiving next week, and it's even a week
later this year. September came, we blinked, and it's Thanksgiving!
Several homes in our area have Christmas lights up and we've seen
trees  thru the windows!

I guess it's a good think my holiday knitting is almost done.

I finished up the hat for my friend Maryann. It was soo easy.
Jason's Cashmere Hat. Free on Ravelry.


 Sundara Superwash Aran weight yarn.

I'm going to add a faux fur pom on the top.  I'll show you when
it's done.

I put the sweater on a string and tried it on.  I'm going to knit

two more repeats, then block to see how long it is.

 I have one more secret project to do, and maybe a pair
of socks. I would like to make my friend Laurie a hat,
but we'll see.

Ruth made Christmas presents.
Irma hat and she found a fingerless mitt pattern
to match - Leaves.
Yarn is Blue Pepper Farm Wool in conjunction with
Adirondack Fibershed.  If Irma looks familiar, it's because
I knit the same hat last week. We did not know we were
knitting the same hat!
What a lovely set..huh!

She is continuing on the socks she started a while ago.
Yarn: Spun Right Round in colorways Shattered,
The Big Tea Wave and Pack your Maniac. Pattern is
Antirrhinum.



Martha has had a busy week configuring the mittens
she is making for her daughter.
Here are her own words as it's rather interesting.
 I’m using the dog mittens from this book I bought at Rhinebeck a year or two ago. I hope they’re big enough!  I redrew the charts with Moxie pictures. I also put her name and Moxie on the mittens. I’m using mohair for the tan, which I bought at parents weekend Emma’s sophomore year. We went to a local mohair and cashmere farm. I’m not sure I’ll have enough and have emailed the farm. The owner got back to me, I’m not sure she can add with more.



Did you notice she even has a right and left mitten!
Classic. I don't think I could pull this off.

In other news:

Remember the tree I showed you three weeks ago..
leaves are still hanging on. Joe did leaves all day again
today.  I mean all day.

He had to clean the gutters again...just cleaned them
Thursday.
We still have snow from two weeks ago!
Have a wonderful week dear blog readers.
Happy Thanksgiving!


No comments: