Sunday, December 1, 2019

Loving the Hats

I am having so much fun knitting hats for  Christmas
presents this year.

Here is the Jason Cashmere hat finished.
Sundara Aran yarn.
I think the faux fur poms are so cute!



I started another Jason hat for my friend Laurie
but halfway thru decided on a different pattern.
The yarn is from my Rhinebeck
drawer.  Purchased in 2011.  I'm taking pictures of the
yarn tags or business cards when I can, so it's easier
to remember what I used. Also adding that detail to
Ravelry project pages.



This yarn is oh so soft. I made mittens with it before. 

I have about 280 yards left. 

Anyway, I'm making Kobuk hat. I kept the K2P2
ribbing, rather than what the hat called for.  It also
calls for Kidsilk Haze to be carried along with the main
yarn. I had to order some. I did not use it for the
ribbing.

I thought I ordered a more
neutral color but it's more creamy.  It will be ok.


I think it will relax a lot once blocked.  Laurie has
a kind of funky personality so I think she will like this.
She often walks to work even in the winter so I wanted
it to be warm.

The pattern is pretty complex at this point....I have to
really pay attention!

While I was waiting for the kidsilk haze to arrive, I went
to the Rhinebeck drawer and found some beautiful sock
yarn Martha had given me in 2015.  I carefully put the
tag away  when picking up for Thanksgiving, now can't
find it. It will turn up.



The yarn is so beautiful.  As I often do, I started the
ribbing while thinking about a pattern. I was leaning
toward a plain vanilla sock.  But changed my mind..

I did the ribbing knits tbl for a little pop.
I chose the Carmanah Toe up socks.
But as I often do, I am only using the chart, not
reading the directions.

Mine are top down. So I am knitting the chart
backwards. Starting with Row 12 and going to Row 1.
My stitches aren't looking so elongated...but I like them.

 Mine are not really popping probably
because of the darker yarn. But I don't care.
Every row is fun to knit.  It's a glorified ribbing. :)
(I hate to knit ribbing, but this is not bad).
A lot of tbl's too.


I did knit a little on the sweater, but want to get
these presents done.

Ruth has a great start on her 2nd sock.
Antirrhinum pattern, Spun right Round sock yarn.
She wants to finish  these before she starts a larger
project.


 Martha has started knitting her mittens.
The dog pattern from the mitten book.
Reminder she actually created her own template.




This is the back side of the mitten. The mitten side by
side will say Moxie on one side of wristband Emmalouise
on the other.
 
  The red line is where the thumb goes. She  just increased the needle size to 3s

We are all knitting tons.
We had a nice  Thanksgiving here. Sixteen people.
Our turkey that was gifted to us was 34 lbs. That
is not a typo. Luckily it came out delicious...
Have a great week dear blog readers. Stay safe. We are
currently having an ice storm!

1 comment:

Best in Knitter said...

I like that hat pattern. I might make it for Tom. Is the pattern on ravalry?