Sunday, December 8, 2019

When Knitting is not Knitting


Sooo I finished the Kobuk hat this week...
and even though I said I liked the K2P2 ribbing,
in the end, I decided the K1tbl, P1 would look better.

So I took a deep breath and put a long small size needle
thru the stitches between the knitting and the pattern.
Then I cut a big chunk off.

And then proceeded to tink back each stitch.  Now once I cut it,
it was a nightmare. And it took a long time to tink so the stitches
were right.  Probably four hours.  This is when knitting is not
knitting...ugh.
Finally got to a point where I could start knitting down again.

I think it looks much better.  The hat is big. But so nice.
I will do this for an inch more or so.  And then bind off.

It's not perfect, but I do like it much better.

This project took all week...I did not really knit much.  I did
start another helmet liner hat. I think I can get it done by
Christmas.  Part of the inspiration behind all of these hats is
using up stash yarn.  And they go quick.  And they are fun.

Ruth finished up her socks!  She also made a swatch for her
new sweater.
  Pattern is Winter Song by Mona NicLeoid.
 The Shenandoah is a combo of alpaca, merino, and bamboo.
Color is woodland moss

Martha is working away on her mittens.  She is zooming right along.
She has noted in the picture where her needle size was a 2 and then
she switched to a 4.



She sent a note that she is done with the thumb.!

Tiffany and I went to see Celine Dion in Buffalo on Thursday
night. Incredible performance.

I'm off to put lights on the real Christmas tree.
Have a good week dear blog readers.

No comments: