Sunday, September 27, 2020

Good reason for not much knitting

 Hi Dear Blog  Readers,

I have a good reason for not much knitting. Our grandson, Mason, arrived on  September 22nd. This picture is from today. He is like a thumbalina doll.  Remember?

 


It has been a very odd week, with little time to knit.  I finished Mark's size 13 socks. This is the pair one on top of the other next to my size 7 foot.


When my daughter was in labor, I started a bootie for the baby, in the same yarn. Kind of like a prayer bootie.  I have restarted the bottom 2 x now. It's not hard, I'm just not paying attention.

Small progress on the red wallaby. One sleeve done, one started and the body ribbing started.

Ruth was on vacation last week and worked on little things since her return.

She knit a dishcloth.


And she started a hat.  (which has been completed at the time of this posting).

Pattern is Leni by Isabell Kraemer. Yarn is Spun Right Round sock in Dr Amp colorway and mohair in Pool Hall Hustle.

Martha has been diligently working to re-engineer her sweater.  Work of art for sure.

In her own words:

Ok this pattern is Deschutes Textured Thermal Pullover, by Norah Gaughan published by Brooklyn Tweeds.   When I made this the sleeves were too big in the sleeve cap area.  Also the neckline was too high and was choking me.  So I took it apart from the armpits up. In this picture I reknit the neckline lowering it.  I also made the shoulders an inch shorter so the sleeves would sit on my shoulder.  Then I narrowed the sleeve caps significantly.  I kept track of the decreases with all those markers.  So I’ll sew up the shoulder and sew in the sleeves. Then the only thing left is the neck band.

\

Look at all of this work. Phew!  Awesome!


In other news:

Joe and I did tomato sauce today. It's a lot of work, but so worth it in the winter. He did most of the work today, while I was the runner and talked about Mason.  LOL




We went to Joey and Casey's on Friday night. The lake was beautiful.


Have a good week dear blog readers.

 

Stay safe and be kind.







No comments: