Sunday, January 22, 2023

Stage 3: The Relief

 Hi Dear Blog Readers!

Gray is the word of the day here in Western NY.  No sun for days.  No snow either which is a blessing.  

I only got out to walk one day this week. I think I'll take a spin when done writing.

This week I got enough done on the Calicanto sweater to put it on a string and give it a little bath. Wanted the color work to relax before I tried it on for fit.  It came out beautifully.  The fit is good. The relief !!!  The yarn is nice to work work. Lettilopi.  

This is a picture of it drying under the ceiling fan on my bed.  Bear was perfect size to drape it over.  I will admit I forgot about it when I walked in the room and let out a tiny scream wondering who was on the bed!

Now 10 or so inches of stockinette before the bottom ribbing. I'm ready!  All gray color. Working on weaving in a lot of pesky ends too.

While the sweater was drying, I worked on the  Hermione's Everyday Socks.  Kind of hard to see the pattern, so not sure if it's worth it, but I like having to think a little and it's sooo easy.  This is a free pattern on Ravelry. Right now there are 37872 projects of this pattern.  Now I'm sure some people made more than one...this is my third.  But imagine if she charged $1 for the pattern.  Phew!


Ruth has made a lot of progress on her beautiful Interlaken Pullover this week.  It may be hard to tell, but the stitches are tiny!  and all of those purl stitches!  It is going to be stunning when done. 


Martha has made a lot of progress on her Basket Saddle Cardigan.  So beautiful. Look atr all of the detail in the bottom and shoulders!  Can't wait to see it done.

She is working on her socks when she needs brainless knitting. Going to make the heel in contrast color. She is not sure if this teal will be it or not.

In other news:

We are deep in Buffalo Bills country here in Western New York..so when someone talks about "the game" we all know what game it is. Hoping they can pull it off today. This one is going to be very emotional.

Tiffany sent me a couple of pictures of Mason this week....errr I mean Joe Cool.

He's ready to face day ahead..with cowboy boots and a blankie. Maybe my days would be better if I took a blankie with me!

Who doesn't vacuum with sunglasses on?

Have a good week dear blog readers..GO BILLS



1 comment:

karen said...

we have had endless gray skies as well, today it is snowing so there is some variation yay! Lovely knits :)