Sunday, January 29, 2023

Stage 4: Are We There Yet?

 Hi Dear Blog Readers!

Rainy here in Western NY today. I hear its going to be bitter cold next week.  

This week I made good progress on the Calicanto sweater. Miles of stockinette. Tried on a couple of times.  A couple more inches and I'll have to try on again.  As the "miles" keep going I wonder...are we there yet?  LOL

Remember when I finished up the cowl and  headband, and I said I'm not a headband person. I'm really not. This weekend I reversed them, and wore the cowl as the headband, and the headband as the cowl. I like it much better!

The kids came for breakfast today.  Mason wore his sheep sweater I made him for Christmas. It was hard to get him to stand still but I managed to snap a few.


Ruth is very near the end of her beautiful Interlaken Pullover sweater. When you really look at it you notice the beautiful details.  Miles and miles of knitting on this one...small needle!


Martha has made wonderful progress on her beautiful sweater as well.  Look at the details in this beauty.  She is waiting to case off the sleeve until its blocked to make sure it's not too long after blocking. I do that too.


In other news:

Mason came to play yesterday.  We had fun with the new magnetic blocks we got to play with.

He and I went to the library for a while.  We played fireman.  He was making firetruck noises and put the fire out. So fun.  "Come on grammy, come on"  Let's race.  So...I did!

Casey brought her niece Riley to breakfast.  She and Mason love to play together.  Soo fun.

Have a great week dear blog readers.  I hope it's peaceful and knitful.


1 comment:

Jane said...

Oh those miles to go on sweaters. Yours is looking lovely. And what a great idea to reverse the head band and cowl. Perfect. Enjoy those little ones. They bring such joy to your lives.