Sunday, April 28, 2024

 Hi Dear Blog Readers...

Weather is very unsettled here. Lots of rain this week.  Very frosty windows a couple of days, and today it's 70.  I was able to walk most everyday which is wonderful. Praying for the folks in the mid-west who suffered thru the tornadoes.

 I finished up the Leif Cowl.  Here are two views.  It's very long so when I wear it, I'm guessing it will be folded or bunched up. I like the blue/salmon end the best, but I loved the rusty colors till I got to the blue.

Leif Cowl

Size 5 needles

Spincycle yarn - Dyed in the Wool

Mississippi Marsala and Castaway colorways

 


Put sleeve stitches for the green sweater on the needle. I increased way too many stitches, so I had to do several K2 togethers....all good now.

Ruth is traveling this week. Here is a picture of her sweater that she is working on...and some raisins  they were feeding to the birds.


Martha is zooming along on her beautiful sweater:


In other news:

We celebrated Jayce's first birthday this week.  He is such a fun little boy.

 



Tiffany was trying out my vacuum, so Mason decided to vacuum too!


 Joe and I took a drive to Keuka Lake yesterday.  Weather could have been better but we had fun.

These are pictures from The Living Roots winery. They have a winery here and in Austrailia.

Very nice experience.

We had this cheese board while I did a tasting.  The red stuff in the dish on the left is kangaroo jerky. Joe said it was too smokey.  the feta cheese in olive oil was divine!

We went to one popular winery first.  They said they were booked for tasting. I said I just want a glass of wine.  They said we are booked, but you can buy a cold bottle and sit someplace.  HUH?  I'll take my business someplace that wants it.....we  left.  

Note to Jane who reads the blog: Hope you and your family are safe after the awful weather in Nebraska.  

Have a good week dear blog readers...stay safe.







2 comments:

karen said...

beautiful cowl!! love the photos of you as well. I haven't knit much since we were visiting the grands.

Jane said...

The cowl turned out great. What a nice photo of you and your husband. That cheese board looks delish. Thank you for asking about us. We are safe and sound but others are not so fortunate. Quite a storm blew through just to the north of us. There will be a lot of clean up and rebuilding.