Sunday, June 1, 2014

Quirky Things

I finished up the 1st bamboo blend sock for Joe this week.



And have a good start on the 2nd.

Do you do quirky little things with your knitting?  Sometimes I
totally amuse myself. LOLOLOL  For example on this sock,
I didn't have enough baby stitch markers (need 4) so I used
two pink on the 1st needle and 2 blue on the 2nd to help
me remember which row I'm on.  How does that help you
wonder?  Well I had my girl first and my boy 2nd!@

Martha asked me to take pictures of the Rivercat Sock on
(my fat) legs so she could see what they looked like. She is intrigued.
Here you go:



Ruth and Martha are having a girlie weekend...so no updates from them.
I do know that Ruth is working on a very cool sock and she finished up
her last pair...picks next week.  Martha is finishing up socks too, I think.

I signed up for the through the loops mystery shawl and after looking
at the swatches today, I'm not sure it is calling to me.  Ruth said she was
going to wait and see too.  I have done the last two years, and both have
turned out fabulous. I'm not sure I need another shawl, and this one sounds
big (500 yards)....I have a sweater that might be more interesting right now.

Busy weekend preparing and hosting birthday dinner for mom, Joe and
Aunt Edith.  Here are some pics.  The weather was beautiful today.

Mom and dad had fun.

Aunt Edith was in rare form. She even made Joe blush!

Tiffany and Mark moved this weekend and she was exhausted.


Hard to keep the candles lit

I made carrot cake - homemade - the kind with coconut, raisins, pineapple
Joel made some shooting team and he was pretty happy about that

Vicky was doing great, especially since Joel only told her THIS MORNING
about the party!  Thanks, Joel!

Donna and Randy came....so nice they are close again

Always fun to be around the twins.  I have to come up with some new way
every time to figure out which is which.  Sometimes I will wait till their mother
calls them by name.  Sometimes I will say 'what's your sisters name".  Today
I remembered because Cassidy had on a schnazy shirt, S for Cassie, and so
Caitlin T for Catie, was the "other one".  After all of this time I still can't
figure it out...

I'm going to go knit on a sock....have a great week.

No comments: