Sunday, August 20, 2017

Dog day of summer...

82 degrees today...I guess for this year that is a dog
day of summer. Our long range forecast calls for one
or two days in the 60's next week!


I decided it was time to fix the socks that had holes in
them.   Six socks, besides the two pair of Joe's I showed
you last week. I hope I'm done for a while.  I really
like the patch method...definitely easier, prettier,
and better for my hands.


Joe's sport weight opal sock is almost done.
I just need him to try it on and see how much
further I need to knit before I start toe decrease.

I have about 62 stitches done on the Silverleaf Shawl.
Lots to go. It's pretty much brainless at this point,
except for the 1st row of 10.


Ruth's shawl is coming along nicely!
I love her yarn choice with this pattern,
very soft lovely.


Martha was traveling this weekend and didn't have an update.

In other news:
we have one pinky tomato...the plant is up to
my shoulders


The family came over yesterday to celebrate Joey and Mark's
birthdays

A lot of candles and a lot of smoke


Everyone had fun...I hope



Joe worked all day...poor guy





Joe and Joey got up at 4:00 am today and went
fishing to Lake Erie.

Biggest catch:
9 lb / 29 In Walleye!



That bad boy won't even fit in a 5 gal bucket!



I'm so glad they got to go.  Said the waves were 3-4 feet and it
was hard at times...glad the only waves I encountered were
in the pool!





No comments: