Sunday, August 27, 2017

Last Post of Summer

 This is the last post of the summer....it makes me
incredibly sad.  Next week we are on vac so no blog
update.

Finished up the Opal cabaret sock, sport weight yarn,
size 3 needle

I did the leg of the 2nd sock in a hospital waiting room
this week, all I brought with me was the yarn and needles.
I had the ribbing done.  I got to where I thought the heel should
start, but wasn't sure.  Luckily, there was a woman in the waiting
room knitting, so I asked if she had a tape measure and
sure enough, she did.  Phew

My own swirly purly pattern
They fit Joe nicely
This is the last pair I will make him before Christmas...
too many other things to make.

Still working on Silverleaf Shawl...the garter st is getting
kind of dull.  Up to 90 stitches...

I was in a little panic...what to knit now?  I will concentrate on
Silverleaf now, but need something else....
so I started a hat for my dad for Christmas...
Still have not started to rip the sweater...waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Ruth has a lot done on her shawl:
Pretty!!!


In other news:
I made orange cookies today ... Joey's birthday is
Tuesday so we will have these, his favorite, instead
of cake.

Ruth & hubby spent the weekend with her son-in-law
and grandkids.  I love this picture...it's so beautiful, the
scenery, and the kids. It screams "family"....




Have a great week dear blog readers...looking forward
to catching up in September....

1 comment:

karen said...

pretty socks! I hope you are having a fun vacation!! I love when September rolls around, I've been patiently waiting for it to arrive.