Sunday, May 6, 2018

Mojo

Hey dear blog readers....How was your week?
I have my knitting mojo back!  Yea!
 Worked quite a bit on Bare Branches Shawl.
Love it.

 I am up to about 70 stitches...lots more to go.
Although it is not easily memorized (at least not for me)
the pattern repeats enough that is is intuitive..which I like.


I did work a bit on the 2nd sleeve of the sweater...

I did not  knit 2 or 3 nights this week too tired...
I like to knit a few rows in the mornings before work
I get up at 4:00 am or so...(that is not a typo)  get coffee,
Mickey jumps on my lap and we get ready for the day.
I play words with friends, check facebook, and knit if I can.
I try to pick something brainless so I don't make mistakes
when my brain is still sleep.  Lately it's been the giant socks.
This is the 2nd sock, with  barely a beginning....

 

Ruth is moving along on her Little Tern Blanket.
So nice......
She has made a lot of progress this week.


Martha has made progress on her Beckmickle sweater
by Louise Harding.  There is a little mistake where her needle is
she is hoping to tink down and fix. Good luck!

In other news:

The weeping Japanese Cherry Tree is blooming...
she needs a little trim..but don't we all!
Martha has a  new dog...her daughter's grad present...
Her current name is  Savannah...Emma wants to
change it to Poppy...So cute!!!  She is adopted.

I have been doing a lot of walking...my walking mojo is back.
I've had a rough couple of months at work...NO lunch most days
which means NO walk.  The weather is nice enough that I have been
walking at night when I get home. Feels so good.  If I get 6-8 thousand
steps during the week I'm doing good. 

Yesterday  Tiffany and I took a  walk along the beautiful canal
we have here and got 6500 steps. By end of day I had
this  whopping #..which is good for  me.


Today so far I have 11,915. We took a long walk again, and I have
been busy and also walked a little more.  Tomorrow is Monday so
wish me luck keeping the walking mojo up.

Ruth walks almost EVERY day, even in the coldest, snowyest
weather...she is my role model.  Martha walks a ton also...
I need to get in the groove...

I'm off to knit a little...
Have a wonderful walkful, knitful week!

No comments: