Sunday, September 18, 2022

It's All About the Research

 Hi Dear Blog Readers!

It's really warm here today. Friday was so chilly it was hard to resist turning the heat on!

We have been really busy this weekend.  Yesterday we closed the pool, which is always so sad for me.  And a relief at the same time.  I worked really hard to get my chores done so I could have a lot of free time today.  Tiffany and Mason stopped by this morning. He hasn't been feeling well but he was better. It was so nice to see them.  Joe has worked all day...and I mean all day...cutting up tomatoes and peppers and onions for sauce. I will cook it down this week and we will freeze it.   I had started telling him on Friday I needed a good chunk of time to steek my Daytripper sweater. He was adamant about it today that he didn't need help and I should work on the sweater. I appreciate that so much.


So I took a deep breath, or twelve, and started doing the research on YouTube about steeking.  Read directions on the pattern, which were pretty skimpy, watched a zoom meeting, and then started.  That part was actually pretty straight forward. 


Next I have to pick up the stitches for button bands.  That will be another day.

I am getting to the end ( I HOPE!) of the Lansbury shawl.



Ruth is working away on her sweater. She is at the point where the rows seem endless and she can't wait to take the sleeves off. Pattern is Gentle Morning by Trin Annelle. Yarn is Orchard View Lincoln Longwools Color is silver but it's the wools natural color ! It's so pretty. Going to be wonderful when done!

Martha knit a cowl this week!  Frost at Dawn pattern.  Ruth gave her the  kit for her birthday.  So pretty don't you think.  I like cowls better than scarves myself lately.

She made the tassel that looks totally professional!

Next up for her is this Fixation hat.


In other news:

My brother shoots in lots of trap competitions. Yesterday he won this tournament!  Whoohooo, congrats Joel!  So proud of you!!!


My little Mason will be two years old on Thursday. He talks so  well. Tiffany said when they read the book Spirit, he has memorized it and she turns the pages and he "reads".   Such a fun age.

Mason helped Joe pick peppers from the garden. 

Then he tried one out!
Sunrise on my walk this am
Pretty huh!  I don't like what it means...fall is coming
Casey/Joey sent sneak peak of wedding photos.
I love this one. Captures the moment, not staged.
They are in Hawaii. visited Pearl Harbor.
Said it's beautiful, but hot there.
This is Honolulu. They are in Maui for a couple of days, then fly home Tues night.

1 comment:

karen said...

I took a deep breath when you did! Lovely work! the wedding photos are gorgeous and so full of happiness, may they have long years together :)