Sunday, September 25, 2022

Fall

 Hi Dear Blog Readers,

It's officially fall.  Has felt like fall this week.  Crisp air, chilly mornings.  We have had a very busy week. Long work hours and too many things to do after work.  

Yesterday I saw an ad on Facebook for Alpaca Farm days. There are four Alpaca farms in the area...and I didn't know about any of them.  One is so close...and they have a storefront.  We asked Tiffany if we could take Mason.  He was so excited.  The Alpacas were so cute.  There are two dogs that guard them.  They are almost as big as the alpacas.

It was very small.

I bought some "farm" yarn, made from their flock.  It is DK weight and very nice.  Not sure how much is here..maybe enough for a hat for Mason.  What was really really nice is how appreciative they were that we came to visit, and purchased something.  I think the people there all thanked us 5 or 6 times.  It was just so heartwarming. 


There were a few vendors there...one was a lady doing face painting. Mason was a little shy and she said how about your hand. he let her do the kitty, then he held his other hand out and she did the truck.  When Tiffany picked him up he held out his hand and said "Look it".  So Cute.

Because of the busy week I did not do any more work on the red sweater, or finish the Lansbury shawl.

Ruth is working away on her Gentle Morning sweater  It's going to be very nice!

 
Martha started a new sweater!
I Found Him cardigan, by Holli Yeah (That’s really her name!) yarn is Moodna Heather Mallard color.  It’s my Rhinebeck sweater yarn from last year.

 It's going to be really nice. I love the colors!

She put the hat on the back burner for now.

Here is her finished and blocked cowl!  It's so cozy and pretty.


In other news:

Mason turned two on Thursday.  We went over to celebrate. He was so excited. Just clapped and laughed the whole time we were singing.

Tiffany and Mark had a family party for him today. He got this dump tractor.


It was a TWO Wild party. Because he's two. I got Joe and I shirts that said Grandma and Grandpa of the Wild One. 


 

Casey and Joey brought her niece Riley to the party.   Riley and Mason like playing together.

We went and saw Joey and Casey and Benny last night. Heard about their wonderful honeymoon to Hawaii.


Have a good week dear blog readers. 


1 comment:

karen said...

farm yarn smells so good! I like little gatherings because of their quaintness, I miss that about where I used to live!!