Sunday, November 20, 2022

Easy Peasy, Right? Maybe Not

 Hi Dear Blog Readers....

Let's talk weather!  Here in Western New York it has been a mixed bag for the last couple of days. We have a  trace of snow. Our neighbors in South Buffalo (an hour away) got 77".  That is not a typo.  It must be exhausting for them.  And if they don't knit, they must have been quite bored the last few days!

This morning, I mentioned to Ruth that I had to just cast off the ribbing on the 2nd sleeve of Mason's sweater.  30 stitches--probably a five minute job, right?  Easy, Peasy,  Right?  Well, maybe not. I realized that I  had not changed to a smaller needle for the ribbing. Crap.  Ripped it out, then dropped a few stitches, and had to tink back the blue before I could start the green.    Then I realized I still had the body stitches on a string, so had to get them on the needle and bind off.  All is good now, except I have a lot of ends to sew in.  I like that I did ribbing in green.

 
Finished up the John's Hollow hat. Mine is much more rustic than original.  Cascade 220 yarn. Mine is worsted so I added 10 stitches to the pattern. next time I could probably add just 6 or maybe none. It needs a good blocking.

 Joe approved so it keeps his ears warm.  I may make a couple more for Christmas gifts. Very fast knit.


Now I need to find something to knit that I can just pick up and put down easily.  

Ruth is working away on her sock template.  I love the colors!!!!

Urban Girl Yarns  New York fingering - no colorway indicated.

Martha finished her first sock! She has not cast on for sock #2 yet.

Here is her I found Him sweater -- left front blocking. She is up to the armpit shaping for the right front.


Here's the right front:


In other news:

I have been working on fall cleaning this weekend. We are  hosting Thanksgiving on Thursday. 18 people is a lot for our little house. 

Washing walls, shampooing carpets, washing and ironing curtains.  It's a lot considering I work full time too.   Also cleaning out crap we don't need anymore.  I have a LOT to do before Thursday but I guess it will be fine, whatever that is.  I am thankful we have the family time.  

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!


No comments: