Sunday, November 13, 2022

Winter Vibes

 Hi Dear Blog Readers....

Feeling the winter vibes this week.  With time change, it's dark early. It was nice and warm earlier in the week...we had SNOW today.   Not much...didn't stick...but snow!

I tried Mason's sweater on him yesterday and the body is a nice fit.  Started the first sleeve.

Started a hat today. John's Hollow Hat.  I'm just kind of playing with it right now. It calls for aran weight yarn, or heavy worsted.  This is some Cascade 220 I've had in stash for a long time. I added 10 stitches so I'll see what happens in a couple of inches.


Ruth finished up her first pair of socks.  I am in love with these colors!

She has a start on the 2nd pair she is making from sock blank.

Martha is working on her socks.  I love her colors also!

She turned the heel on now going to try to use my double pointed circular needles one at a time to prevent  pulling the joins through.  They are not easy to pull through. This is a made up pattern with old 2012 Schaffer yarn. 560 yards 60% superwash merino, 25% Mohair, 15% nylon.  She got the yarn at the second parents weekend I went to At Ithaca.  She's ready to knit the foot. 



Martha also worked on her sweater.

 Here’s her sweater back blocked.

She finished the left front and am now a pattern repeat up the right front

So nice.  Lots of work!

In other news:

I took a lot of pictures of the eclipse/blood moon this week on my early morning walk. Here are just three of the many many pics I took.



Mason and I went to the library yesterday (wibrary).  They have a playroom with just toys to encourage play and fun.  We sure had fun.

He loved the train table.


Have a good week. As I write this the snow started ramping up and its a mini blizzard here! What????


No comments: