Sunday, July 23, 2023

Summer Lovin

 Hi Dear Blog Readers...

I love summer, don't you!  I've been so busy I  have not knit much, which is ok. I'm spending a lot of time outdoors...oh yeah....and I work full time. LOL

At the point on the Sophie Shawl that I don't want it wider, but want it longer before I start decreases, so I'm just knitting for a couple more inches.  I am doing fingering weight vs. dk the pattern called for so kind of winging it.  

A couple weeks ago I started a hat for Jayce. I liked the pattern, and thought it would be cute for him.  After 4 inches of Boring Ribbing, I have determined that the blue yarn is a little too scratchy for a baby. 

So ripppp and find new yarn.

Ruth started a lovely, very detailed shawl called Petals by Ann Hanson.  Oak Meadow Alpaca Yarn.

Pretty huh.

Martha is working on her Stephen West Eyelet Burst Shawl.  I love the color transitions.

It takes her 15 minutes to do a row. When it's done she does has to do an icord around the whole edge.



In other news.

Jayce came for a visit on Friday.  He is very engaged now.

Tiffany took Mason to the splash park/playground....

Have a good week dear blog readers.

I'm off of work for a week...I hope I have fun things to share next week.



1 comment:

Jane said...

Those boys are just darling. The Sophie Shawl/Scarf is a nice classic knit. I like the looks of yours. The shawls are so pretty. Have a good week.