Sunday, February 18, 2024

Strings

 Hi Dear Blog Readers!

It's snowy and very windy (sometimes blizzardy) here in Western New York today. Brrrrrr

A good day to stay inside and ....knit!

I worked a lot on the Golden Assam sweater this week....in my head at least. 

After the blog last week, and I was done with the lace work, I put it in a string, even though it was still very short. Determined I needed to add extra increases.  Some comments on Rav were that the sweater ran small.  I don't want it overly big, but I want it "just right".  So I did a couple of increases, got to thinking that the lace was going to open up when blocked. Hmmm. So, I put it on a string again, and soaked it.   The lace did open up!  Tried it on again and it was still too small.  So I added some more increases.  Yesterday I put it on the string again, and this time it's very close. So I added some more increases. I think I'm good now.  A little bit longer and I will separate the sleeves from the body.  Then it will go much faster. There are close to 400 stitches on there now.  It's size 3 needles with yarn that seems smaller than fingering. 

 

Ruth is working on her Neckdown Cardigan for Women from knitting pure and simple. She's been playing with different balls of yarn to try and minimize the pooling. The colors are so vibrant!

 

Martha is zooming along on  Tom's sweater. She has sent him pictures and he approves. Yea!

In other news:

Tiffany and Mark took the kids for a sled ride yesterday. I wish I could show you the video.  She was on the sled holding the two boys and Mark was driving the tractor pulling them.



I was very domestic today.  Made two loaves of banana bread and chicken soup.

Made bread.  I've been talking to a nutritionist because I have high cholesterol.  She gave me a lot of good advice, and one thing was to substitute oatmeal flour for white flour when I can.  She said to buy a big tub of oatmeal and grind it myself...way cheaper than buying oat flour. So...the bread is 4.5 cups  white flour and 1.5 cups oatmeal flour.  It's  quite good!  and Joe didn't complain...he liked it!  So a big win!


Have a good week dear blog readers...Stay healthy!


2 comments:

karen said...

so glad you were able to get the right amount of increases on your project! persistence works :)

Jane said...

Whew, that's a lot of stitches on that yoke but I'm glad you are close to getting the correct fit. All of the knitting looks so pretty. It makes me happy that knitters knit many different colors. I'm a bit envious of your snowy weather. I'd like one more snowfall but I don't think it's going to happen.