Sunday, February 25, 2024

Daytrip

 Hi Dear Blog Readers...

It's been a busy week here...and NOT knitting.  LOL  I did try on the sweater Friday, and so far so good, but the arm holes will be too big I think. I can easily take are of that with a couple of K2 togethers when I put the stitches back on the needle.  I will try on again in a couple of inches.  I put a marker on the row I was knitting on Friday just to see how much progress I made on the weekend.  Well, as you can see...not much!  We took a ride yesterday and the kids were here today.

Yesterday on our daytrip, I wore my Daytripper sweater that I made two years ago. It was only about degrees out, but it kept me nice and warm.  I made it during the "bang out a sweater in a month" event that Modern Daily Knitting was hosting. 

It was so much fun and so fast, I decided to do it again!  I'm going to "bang out a sweater" with MDK.  I already have a couple colors of the Lettlopi yarn so I didn't have to buy much more.  And, why not!

The sweater is Crowberry Sweater.   I'm still not sure if I will knit the sweater, or the vest version.  It's been a long time since I have knit a bottom up sweater.  I don't care for the colors the designer used.  I'm not sure why, I like the apricot color fine enough.  I just don't care for them together.  The name of the field guide is MOSS, so I guess it fits with the moss theme. My colors will be blue.  I'm swatching this week. 

Ruth finished her beautiful fun sweater!  She is thinking of the buttons she has setting on top of it , but not quite sure yet. Just lovely, Ruth!

She started a pair of socks in Emma's Yarn. Something about these colors that really appeal to me. Not too bright, not too soft...just right!  She is using the Hermione’s everyday sock pattern. I think everyone has knit that pattern...at least once! 

Martha bound off the bottom of her son Tom's sweater.  I think its great!  And Tom approves!  It's so nice. He is one lucky dude.  She'll have it done in no time.  She was off of work this week, so progress may be a little slower next week. 



In other news:

I saw the little kids this week - all three of them - but don't have any new pictures to share.

This is a picture of Cayuga Lake looking out of the window of a winery we stopped at. It was just beautiful.  You would never know by looking out that it was sooooo cold.

I hope you all have a nice knitting week....and here's hoping March comes in like a lion so it goes out like a lamb. 




1 comment:

Jane said...

All of these sweaters are just lovely. I especially like the one you are wearing. I did see the MDK sweater along or challenge. I agree with you, the colors in the Moss sweater aren't my favorite but then we all like something different and that makes the world go round. I wonder what colors you will choose. You can't go wrong with Hermione's Everyday Sock. No matter the yarn, it turns out well. The lake is so blue. What a pretty photo.