Sunday, February 11, 2024

The Talk

 Hi  Dear Blog Readers,

Happy Superbowl Sunday!  I think we are routing for San Francisco here at our house, though Joe and my dad are Patrick Mahomes fans.

This week I had to have THE TALK....yet again....with Joe.

I was working on the very complex lace pattern on top of the current sweater and he keeps talking to me.  I have to start counting the stitches over. and then over again.  So I called him over, and said see these symbols.....each one is a stitch. I have to count each one and know what it means. I said when you talk to me and I ignore you, I'm not being mean, I just can't talk to you right now. He said oh my I could never do that.   He did not get the  message that what I was really trying to say was "please don't talk to me".  hahahah.

I have finished the lace section on the Golden Assam sweater, and adding stitches in the yoke now.  It's a blob!  Some of the last few lace rows were pretty difficult, and took a long time. I'm glad they are over.

Wore new socks this week. The angle of the picture makes them look tall, but they are actually shorter than I usually make.

Ruth is really zooming along on her new sweater!   Yarn is Arcane Fibre Works. Prairie storm colorway. Pattern is Neckdown Cardigan for Women from knitting pure and simple. A basic raglan sleeve sweater.

Very colorful!

Here is Martha's finished sweater. So pretty!

Wearing it. Incredible fit!

This is the sweater she started for her son Tom.

Pattern is Ann Budd's Top-Down Sweaters book  She is  using Valley Yarns, Whately which is 968% baby Alpaca and 32% cotton. Tom’s allergic to wool.

This picture shows more progress.  The real color is red, not pink.


In other news:

I took a walk yesterday early. It was so pretty out.


About 30 minutes after this pictures was taken and I was inside sipping tea, it started to hail!

Have a nice week dear blog readers...



2 comments:

karen said...

ha ha ha! When my husband talks while I'm counting I just count VERY loudly over him. I haven't tried my rude solution on anyone else but it works for us!!

Jane said...

Well, I'm glad you got indoors before it started to hail. The sunrise looks beautiful though. The sweater's all look great. How fun to have some sweater knitting companions.