Monday, October 4, 2010

Fall

Fall is in the air and I have been reading so many posts from knitting bloggers
touting this is their favorite time of year. For me it's usually depressing since
Summer is my favorite. Fall means a long long winter ahead here in Western
New York (think "lake effect snow"). Yesterday was rainy and I have to admit
I enjoyed long stretches of knitting time. First time in months that I have been
able to sit and knit for stretch of 2 hours at a time.

I have decided to knit two or three hats for the Shanti Sailor project.

http://artemesia.typepad.com/adventures_in_paradise/2010/09/hats-for-sailors-and-other-stuff.html

Shanti is a knitter aboard a ship at sea and she would like to give her fellow sailors
all hats for Christmas. I understand the response is overwhelming-thank goodness.

I ordered Superwash Wool Cascade 220 from Webs. Had to order a couple of skeins
for knitting class also. The hats can be fun and creative, or just plain. I'm not
sure what mine will be. Since they need to be done by 3rd week of October so I
can get them shipped off two might be all I can manage.

Managed to finish up Joe's first sock and cast on for the 2nd one yesterday.
Also finished up a stealth project.

That's about it from here. Ruth, Martha and I are preparing for our
adventure to Rhinebeck Oct 15th. I really hope the weather cooperates.
At least no rain (or snow!).

No comments: