Sunday, February 15, 2015

Well, I did some knitting

I have been home on medical leave for 3 weeks and go back
to work tomorrow. What a fast three weeks.  I'm looking around
the house thinking what did I do?  and all I can come up with
is Well, I did some knitting.  A definite perk to sit home and knit
and not drive. Another perk?  Wearing my handmade socks
every day!  I cannot do that when I wear heels to work.  My feet
are going to be screaming tomorrow!

So I finished the 1st 2015 Through the Loops Mystery Sock.
I like the pattern. And love the yarn.  The pattern had some
nice surprises. for example, the back is very lacey.
The front does some nice things going down the foot

I can't wait to get the second one done.

I had a little time to work on the spring sweater this week.
Each row takes 30 minutes or so. One row had me using two cable
needles in three stitches!  Youza!  But I like it.

The kitty knitting sock is coming along slowly.  But that's ok.

The colors are cameo, but don't show up very well.


Martha is about 3" done on the Buttonbox vest by Elizabeth McCarten published by Knittyspin.. This is Harrisville yarn.  She said it's pretty rustic yarn with sort of a velcroy feel. It's not prickly or sandpapery, it's comfortable on the skin but not soft. It makes the pattern pop. 



She had to order a little more yarn to finish her hoods.

Ruth is still traveling so no  knitting.

In other news:

Joe and I were talking and we don't remember a year when the
snow almost touched the pool.  This is not a drift, it's how high
the snow is.


For Valentines day I made cookies - dozens of them- and put them
in cute boxes and delivered to the kids so they were waiting by
their doorstop when they got home.

I decorated some plainish wrapping paper with valentines.
Then tied a couple of ballons to it.  Both were surprised--yea!

Yesterday, I made Joe his own cookies.

Abbey wants it to warm up. Windchill here today could potentially
reach -30.   really????


Happy knitting dear blog readers...stay warm!

3 comments:

martha said...

What kind of yarn is the gray sweater, and what pattern. I'm glad you still send your kids Valentines. I do too and thought maybe they were too old.

Connie said...

Yarn is Valley DK Superwash, and pattern is Wandering through the Souk.

karen said...

wow you did get a lot of knitting done!! go you! love all the knits and my dog is wishing for warmer weather as well. Soon!