Sunday, February 8, 2015

What can you do in FIVE hours?

Well, I can't knit the Five Hour baby sweater in five hours!
More like eightish....which is actually not bad.
This is the back.  

The yarn is Plymouth Select superwash. Colors soft gray and
soft yellow.  My very very favorite yarn , especially for baby stuff.
This was handwashed, and then dried in the dryer.

Tiffany is at a baby shower today for her dear friend Becky.
I found this pattern on Wednesday and thought I can get this
done in time!  Becky loves the color combo. She does not
know sex of the baby so this is her go to neutral.

Hat pattern is Leaf Top Hat for baby.
Buttons were found at Walmart of all places.
A success I think!


Also working on the mystery sock.  I like it much better now
that I see the foot pattern.



Finally started my spring sweater this week.
Wandering in the Souk.
yarn is Valley Superwash DK

The yarn is nice, but very very splitty.  The swatch also
stretched A LOT after washing. 

Started out using wrong size needle, but luckily realized
it 4 rows in. Rip and started over.  Notice there are 14 or so
pattern repeats of the cable.  I kept messing up so had to tink
back to the ribbing, and put stitch markers every repeat.
Wow did that help a lot.  It is very complex right now but I
really like knitting it.  That's about it for now.

Martha is working along on her two Third Wave Harfs, by Spincycle. 
Yarn on hers is by Jojoland Rhythm.

 Yarn for her friend is merino/alpaca blend.
 She has the scarf part to knit on both.
She's going to knit vest from last years Rhinebeck trip when these are done.
I think they are sooo nice.  Her friend is going to love it!

Ruth is traveling this week, but sent along pics of her
baby set with buttons.  Baby Surprise Sweater featured
last week.



 
Not much other news.  We are supposed to get another weather
event tonight into tomorrow. Joe's snowblower is broke so our
neighbor has been doing our very BIG driveway.

Deer in the garden,trying to find food.



Have a nice warm week....dear blog readers. Happy knitting.
















No comments: