Sunday, February 1, 2015

Kitty Knitting

Do you suffer from kitty knitting?  I guess suffer is a  bad word....
I love it actually....  It's a brainless project that I have to work
on when Mickey is sprawled on my lap.


He is sooo fluffy.

He looks big, but he only weighs 8 or 9 lbs.  The current kitty knitting
is a sock I'm starting in Panda Silk yarn.  It has a lot of bamboo, so
these will be for Joey.
 I'm making a big ribbing portion so I can stretch the colored yarn.
Not sure of the pattern yet...maybe plain.  I could do it the same as
the socks I just finished up for Joe - purly swirly pattern. Easy enough.
Nice and impactful. Or maybe K3, P1....what do yo think?

 These seemed to take forever, but I really didn't work on them
full time.  (aka kitty knitting).

I am off of work for 3 weeks, and my co-worker Betty Jo is
filling in for me.  I wanted to do something nice for her so I made
her Artichoke Hearts cowl.  She has the most beautiful color eyes.
Honey colored.  well a little lighter. maybe whiskey colored.

Had some yarn in my stash  Madeline Tosh Light, pecan color.
Hard to photo but so pretty.  Pecans, with hints of black.

The pattern calls for 20 rows of hem, with a
provisional cast on (98 stitches) no way...)....so I did
20 rows of Knit one through the back loop, purl one.
I think it looks impactful....

Now the yarn is fingering, and pattern called for worsted. So I
split it into two balls and held double throughout. One part
of the pattern calls for a K3 together, so that is actually knitting
6 strands of yarn at once.  Occasionally one little piece escaped...
so I tagged and when it was done went back and drew a piece of yarn
through. This is a good representation of the color.   I only did 3 pattern
repeats instead of 4...it was big enough.


Ruth and I are participating in the Through the Loops
mystery sock for 2015...

I'm using a cinnamon color yarn from Touch of Twist. It is incredibly
soft.  Believe it or not, it has 30% nylon in it.  I am adding reinforcement
thread for the heel anyway.  At 215 yards a skein, and $5.50 each
it's an incredible value. Purchased at Rhinebeck.
I am done with clue 3 on 1st sock, and 1/2 way done on 2nd sock.
I added ribbing, and one leg repeat.

Ruth whipped up a baby surprise sweater this week!
RedHeart yarn (so it's easy for the mom to take care of).
I love the colors...sooo cute.

Martha finished up her blanket--ended up 43" square.

Now she is working on a hood.
The yarn is Cascade Yarns Eco Cloud, 70% undyed merino, 30% undyed Alpaca. Pattern is Third Wave Harf by Spincycle Yarns Project.   She is praying she has enough yarn to finish.
Isn't it lovely!

In other news...Joe has been fishing since last post.
Ice fishing.  These are giant perch.

the kids came for dinner on Friday and I made a wonderful
salad....

I hope to start a sweater this week...happy knitting.

p.s. Go Seahawks !

No comments: