of the yarn for my sweater. Well, obviously, its in the house
someplace. I had enough on the yarn cake I was working on,
but it kept getting smaller and smaller. By Friday, the panic
was real...nightmare like panic! I searched thru all of the bins
and bags and finally found it in the last place I looked. In the
closet carefully tucked away. I realized when searching I
have too much yarn. Way too much. And it is messy. I need
to organize it, and knit accessories to give away. A lot of it
has ball bands missing, so i don't know if it's washable or not.
To me, that means not sure if I can make a baby item....
Here is the Brookings sweater, The red yarn is what I used to
put on string and try it on. I think it will fit nicely.
a cable or two thrown in once in a while. The important thing is to
remember to move the row counter each time.
Here is the ball band from the yarn:
I like it a lot!
I dug out the Sophie sweater on Saturday and took a good
look. All It really needed was sleeves. I don't know why I
procrastinated so long. A Saturday night home alone watching
Hallmark, and it was done. I'm reblocking, then all it needs
I hate it. I hate knitting anyting in cotton. Splitty. unforgiving. ugh.
Finished product is not bad though.
Love the German Short row heel. So fast!
Does not use a lot of yarn, and looks great.
Wears well also.
There is a little glitch in Ruth's sweater front . She has
been tinking back to get to a point where she can start over.
I saw it in person this week and it is very very nice!
A lot of work for sure.
Martha is almost to heel on her sock:
garden this week (see the kitty)
Joe went fishing yesterday but I have not pictures...
It was kind of chilly today so I made potato, ham, corn chowder.
Decided for an experiment to make some ciabatta bread...
The first picture is how it looked in before it went in
oven...like thick pancake batter. It came out wonderful, and
the boys loved it. So good.
Happy knitting. Hard to believe next week is