Sunday, October 8, 2017

Hundreds and hundreds.......

 In transparency, I need to tell you to look back at last week's blog
and look at the sweater up close. I clearly did a cable way up wrong...
the ripping and fixing will start soon enough. That will be a big project.
Tinking all of the way.  sigh x 1000000000000000000

Some good news though.  The Simply shawl is almost done.

It is over 300 stitches.  Hundreds and hundreds of seed stitch
and knitting through the back loop, which as you know, take a
bit more time than simply knitting and purling.

 for the contrast color, I picked purple...I don't have a lot so we'll
see how far it goes.  All that is left is sewing in the many ends,
and   putting the contract color on row 11.

 This was a lot of knitting in one week, so glad it will be almost over.

We went boating yesterday, and it was way to big to bring
along, so I worked on Reyna,.
And worked on the socks a bit.  Padina Pavonia sock pattern.

Ruth finished up her  baby sweater....love the red buttons and the
pattern!


She is again working on her mittens with different yarn....
nice colors!

Martha is working on a simpler pair of socks, after the
lacey pattern of the pretty ones she just finished.
In her own words:
This one is knit with wisdom yarns, called AngoraLace, color way is Summer Day. I like this because of the Angora. They'll be warm and so cozy. This pattern is Knitspot Bricker. Anne Hanson. The pattern is so easy to read it's a joy. The pattern doesn't really show that well with the Angora and color changes, but I didn't want to do k2p2. After the complicated lace socks I just made, I needed a knit and purl pattern so this is what I came up with. I hope they fit and stay up and are not floppy. I love the colors..

I love the colors too!

In other news:

We went boating yesterday as you can see from the Reyna
picture above. 
Joe caught this gar pike:
not a fish that you keep...ugly huh!

The swans were out:

And we met this sweet 12 year old Dylan who eventually
climbed aboard and fished with us.

Mickey's snuggle spot of the week is on top of my coats, that
should have been hung up, but weren't
Have a great knitting week.....



No comments: