Sunday, October 1, 2017

Manic

 I'm feeling very manic about my knitting this week, and I
don't think that is a good thing.  The Brookings sweater is
coming along, and I have actually started the bottom ribbing!
I was actually going to have a shot at getting it done for
Rhinebeck....notice I saw was....not will....
 


Found out this week that mom has to have surgery on October 26th
and will be in the hospital for 3-5 days.  I all of a sudden decided she
needed a shawl to wrap over her shoulders in the hospital to keep
the chill away. 

What to make?  I decided on Skye Boat Shawl...what to use?
I have some very pretty green (not teal like pic shows..more forest green)
yarn that I've had for a long time...years. I have been going to make a
vest with it...but I guess if I was serious, it would be made by now.
Anyway, mom loves  green.   Yarn is Super Tajmahal
it is merino, cashmere and oh so squishy.

The pattern is lovely, can you tell?  It is also a nightmare....
at least for a project that I need done quickly.  The charts are hard
to follow....and I got pretty far and discovered I had 3 extra stitches
in each repeat...I looked and looked and tinked and could not figure
it out, but they were there. Lots of other knitters figured it out, and
have made beautiful shawls, so the blame is all mine, but I just
can't do it in a short time.
Killed me, but I ripped and looked for something that
would go a little faster...the yarn is worsted, using a size
8 needle.

I decided on the Simply shawl, by cheryl flaust of knitstudio64
It's super easy, keeps my interest and goes quick. Also, I can make
it larger, to use the yarn up if I need to.  I don't want a scarf, but a shawl
to wrap nicely around her shoulders...
This is more of the actual color....


I am putting everything on hold for now, until I get this done.
I'm going to knit like the wind this week...wish me luck.

Ruth has her sweater all done!
Harrisville yarn. Pattern is Granite State.
It just needs buttons....Harrisville yarn.
Quite the work of art, don't you agree?


 Now Ruth is working on a baby sweater for Wesley.
Pattern is No Tears Baby Cardigan by Astrid Colding Siversten. 
She has changed things a little so it will be done before Wesley out grows out
of it!!!!. Yarn is Plymouth Worsted Merino Superwash.
One lucky little boy to get this beauty!

  
Martha has finished up her socks, they are more red than orangy
as the pictures shows...lovely!
She is going to make a new pair of simple socks with this
yarn:
She is going to dig out an old sweater and reassess it.....


In other news:
Fall is upon us....
Cooler the last couple of days...which is ok.


The other day I heard a rustling noise...went to check it out...
Mickey had climbed into the box where I keep all of our papers
until tax time.
You would never know he had a bed of his own...
He is quite a character....

Have a great week dear blog knitters....

No comments: