Sunday, August 25, 2019

I Guess Enough Time Has Passed

 Flashback to May, when I finished the Fern and Feather
Sweater.  If you will remember (I will never forget)
I felted my beautiful sweater.  I love(d) that sweater. It was nearly
a perfect knit.
It was a tad big, so I put it in the dryer to cinch it up,
like I have done with sweaters before, and I felted it.


I was upset for weeks. I guess for months since I am just
revisiting it now.  One thing I try to remember to do with
sweaters, is not bind off the sleeves until it's blocked. In case
they grow too long, I want to be able to tink back a few rows.
Well see the tan color yarn that I put thru the sleeve stitches?
It felted right into it. 

Today I was brave enough to tackle the sleeves.
Some of the stitches came out of the yarn completely.
I think it was easier since it was ribbing.  I could see the K2, P2
very clearly.

I just picked up all of of the stitches and bound off.

 And I think it looks pretty good. Not obvious that the bind
off is not felted.
I tried it on and it is quite snug. I can wear it, but
the hope of losing 20-30 lbs is just not  happening.  LOLOL
So, I have read that soaking in hair conditioner may relax
the stitches a little.  I'm trying it. I will soak for a couple of days,
then rinse well.
I had to put some water in an empty wine bottle to  hold it under
water.

I am praying to the knitting gods to please help it get better,
anything will be an improvement.

I really want to swatch for another sweater, but I didn't think I
could when this was hanging over my shoulder...So Onward!

Oh and by the way, it took me many months to feel I could pick
it up and to fix it and it did not even take me one hour ! 

I finished up the first sock...The toe is forest green, not blue.
 The green marker means I need to  increase 4 stitches.
the recipient has wide feet. The orange marker means
I need to start the toe. I always leave 16 stitches for the
toe, and make a rounder one.  Have a very small start on
sock #2.




The crazy color shawl is coming along. It's really a brainless
project.  I would much rather start a sweater.   
It's nice and squishy feeling.

Ruth is well into her third color on her sweater.
 Pattern is Spector by Joji Locatelli
Yarn is a combo of Spun Right Round and LITLG 
Lucy can't wait to see color # 4.
Me either!
I saw it in person this week and it is soooooo nice!


Martha
(in her own words)
This is the sweater back:

and fronts.



 I’m ready to knit up on the fronts. It’s moving along very well and easily. I’ll have to check the fit of the fronts, but so far so good. This is the Emmaline pattern by a Sarah Dallas. The wool is Bartlett yarn.  I’m looking forward to knitting up the fronts while listening to the TV.

She starts school tomorrow already... Good Luck!


In other news:
We have been loving the tomatoes this year!
I made a white pizza on Friday with tomatoes,
oil and basil.
So good today I just made the tomatoes, oil and basil to
eat.  Yummy.

NO blog post next week. Joe and I are going away for Labor
Day. I suspect the girls will be done or about done on their
sweaters.

As the song goes....I'll see you in September !

No comments: