Sunday, March 24, 2024

Sunshiney

 
Hi Dear Blog  Readers!
The sun is shining brightly today.  It's so beautiful.  Joe and I took a little road trip for Maple Weekend here in Western NY.  We drove thru some very rural areas.  Lots of big farms, amish driving their horse and buggies, cows, and hills. Very steep hills!  I always get antsy this time of year. It was nice to get away for a couple of days.  Tomorrow I'm back to work. Sigh.
 
I got the sleeves figured out on the Crowberry sweater. Ready to start colorwork.
 
 
 
Ruth is close to the finish on her sweater. Ready to start colorwork on first sleeve. I just love the colors in her yoke!

Martha is going to start a new sweater/vest.  She is still swatching.


In other news:

We got some maple syrup this weekend, and Maple Cream. The big jug is dark maple. Very rare.   The farm we went to made it this year...first time they've been able to make in it 9 years.

Ruth had this beauty in her back yard today.  Cute!


 Have a good week dear blog readers.  I'm off to switch the laundry around.


2 comments:

karen said...

there is nothing more exciting that taking country roads and enjoying the ride. My husband and I have loved doing this since we first met!!

Jane said...

A drive in the country sounds perfect. All the yarns in your photos are such pretty colors. I love the blues in particular. And do tell, what do you do with Maple Cream?