Sunday, March 10, 2024

Winter returns

 Hi Dear Blog  Readers,

I may as well talk about the weather because there is not much knitting to talk about. It was nice a couple of days this week, and now its snowing.  But, it is March in Western New York...so to be expected.

I did spend a lot of time knitting on the Crowberry sweater this week.  Maybe 5 inches or more done...put it on a string, and it is wayyyyy tooooo hugggeee... My gauge was off by .25 stitch..so that will account for some but not all of it.  I am making the sweater longer, which means, I have to add more stitches than the pattern calls for to accommodate my hips.  And then do more decreases up the body.  I got out the Sweater Workshop book and according to that, my numbers were good.   I went down a needle size so we'll see what  happens.  So far I have ribbing done on the new start.  This is why I like top down sweaters better, at least for me.  

Ruth is making a Crowberry sweater out of Lettlopi yarn also. She is zooming along on hers.

Martha continues great progress on her son's sweater.

In other news:

Joe and I took a Saturday drive yesterday.

This is Conesus Lake...The waves were about 2.5 feet tall...the wind was whipping!


Honeoye Lake was not much better!

Joey, Casey and sweet Charlotte are in Florida  this week. They sent lots of great pictures!

Mason playing in the tent.

Jayce playing and not taking a bottle to go to bed!

Have a good week dear blog readers.



2 comments:

karen said...

we had snow as well, what a crazy weather day!! My knitting has slowed down as well. but I'm sure it'll be back up and running shortly!

Jane said...

Oh, I know all about a too big sweater. How does that happen? The yarn of the Crowberry is very pretty as are the other two sweaters. Spring weather is up and down. We've had some beautiful days that hit 70 degrees but there is a pesky snowflake in the extended forecast. Who knows?