Sunday, January 8, 2012

Welcome Spring...or Baby It's Warm Out There

Well, this year certainly has not been blustery, stay in side and knit all
day long weather!!! But, I'll take it. I am so thankful I don't have to
drive in a snowy mushy mess.

A girl at work is expecting twin boys in February and I had decided
I would not knit her anything. I was really wiped out after all of the
Christmas knitting.



Then I saw a note that she didn't have very many
twin matchy matchy things. So Friday night I started
the blue hat, and Saturday I started the green hat.


I'm not thrilled with the colors in these pictures.

Yarn is my new favorite, Plymouth Select.
Size 7 Needles.

Pattern is my own - a helix strip pattern.
I love the way helix striping makes the colors just
pop - again these pictures do not capture the nice
colors.

Look up helix patterns and you will find a nice variety
to choose from. Most use three colors.

This size will probably fit them next fall..

Also, I am done with Clue 1 of the Through the Loops
Mystery sock pattern.


Clue 2 came out today, but I am much too tired to
think about it. Ruth and Martha say its very fiddly.

Ruth changed yarns today to a lighter color, and is
much happier with the results. Here is a picture
of a different sock she just finished.



Martha may decide to not do the leg pattern
and make her own - due to fiddleness.....



The blue is the mystery sock...she is doing two
at once. The red is creatively dyed...same skein...
weird..huh! Very pretty colors, just different.

Check out Martha's sweater - remember she designed
this on her own. It is now blocking...so so pretty.






Martha I think you should come up with a really
special name for your sweater.....




This was clearly a lot of work, from the beginning
design stages to now.



Can't wait to see it all finished.

Not much new on the family front. All is well.

Have a nice, snow free week dear blog readers....

No comments: