Sunday, August 9, 2015

Dullsville

Hi there...
None of us had much going on this week as far as knitting.
I am making progress on mom's sock. Got the heel turned.


Pattern is K3, Slip 1 so since I do a slip stitch heel, wanted it to line up.
So for the  heel I had to change to:

Slip 1st 2 stitches, and knit the last two. It turned out great.
Challenge is remembering for the 2nd sock!

I FINALLY finished up the baby hat to  go with the seamless
baby kimono
Just a K2P2 pattern.
It's really little...Joe thought it was so cute

I have been struggling with buttons for the kimono. Walmart did not
have a nice off white, so I got a darker button.
I was afraid it would not lay right, so I added some icord ties to
the inside to keep that part together.
I think it will work
It would be so much easier if I had a baby to practice
on!  Ha! Glad to finally be done with this.

I have pictures of La Playa shawl that I knit in the
linen yarn.  I was bummed that I picked the small size, but it really
works great.
Wore it to work Friday and got lots of compliments.

Ruth is working on her 2nd Hermonie sock in Cherry Tree Hill yarn.
She is struggling to get it done (bored). I remember that feeling when
I did mine.
 
It's very pretty don't you think!

Martha is also struggling with her 2nd sock. She has been
very busy this week so not much time to knit.
She had to frog but is on the right track now.

 Nice!  Definitely not brainless work.

In other news:

Joe went fishing to Lake Erie yesterday and got some
walleyes!  YEA!
He had to go further south to get them so a very long ride home.
Thanks, Joe. Can't wait for a fish fry.

I used to juice all of the time and back when we redid
the kitchen I got out of the habit.  Juicers have come a long
way since then and I just got a Nutrabullet.  I make juice almost
every day.  It keeps me full for a couple of hours.

Today's juice was:

spinich/kale/ blend, ginger, lime, green apples,
blueberries, and carrots, cukes  walnuts and almonds. 

 Hard to fit it all in.
Looks kinda gross when done, but it is delish!
I keep waiting for the burst of energy they promise but nothing yet!
Ruth has a Vitamix blender and she has been juicing too....
we are going to be healthy in our golden years that is for sure.
Have to keep the knitting fingers nimble...

Until next week....


No comments: