Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring is Officially Here....

Spring! I love it. I have golden and purple crocuses poking thru the ground.
Still only have one finished object for the year. One. Uno. Shocking , I know.
But, not for lack of trying. The first seed stitch sock is complete, and have the
ribbing done on the 2nd one. I keep it in my purse and pull it out when I'm
waiting for Joe at Lowe's. He goes there so often to get material for the
kitchen and last week did not go at all. I told him they called and said they
put his face on a milk carton they were so concerned at not seeing him!

The EZ Baby Surprise jacket is coming along. I am using three strands
of sock yarn held together - KnitPicks. It's the yarn I bought to make colorwork
socks. Using two sapphire blue, and one pine green. The accent color is two grass
green and one sapphire. Of course I didn't have enough yarn so more is on the way.


It's knitting up at 5 stitches to the inch on size 5 needles. Turning out
smaller than I wanted....I may have to give it to someone other than
the intended, which means I have to scramble to give it to the intended.
Crazy!!!

Have not knit much on the EZ sweater...the cat was very interested
in the photo session.



Knit a little on the shawl. One more row and will start the 2nd skein.



Joe and Joey put in three windows in the family room on Saturday.
Joe and I did the prep work on Friday night. They started at 7:00 am
and finished up about 10:00 p.m. Thank goodness we got it done.
the big window had to have the header revised and he moved it
up higher, which looks much nicer.

Here is a view of the neighbors house thru the small window opening.




Big window:


Night time and still going strong - flood lights outside.



Walla! In. Sorry is this is boring to you, but I need to celebrate
the little things!


Have a wonderful, knitful week, and I hope your spring
flowers are popping thru too!

No comments: