Sunday, April 22, 2012

Here we are...back to Winter it seems.....

Blogger changed its look so bare with me while I experiment with my look.....

It's been a month since I last posted to the blog....does not seem that long ago.
Hand surgery went well, still a lot of pain and numbness, but not all the time...
making progress.  My computer is messed up so I cannot share pictures.  I
have knit a little on large needles. Made a cowl which is nice. But yellow.
If you can wear yellow let me know and I'll send to you. 

Ruth and I had a nice adventure a week or so ago. We went to Ithaca so she
could take some fleeces to get washed at the Finger Lakes Fiber Mill.
Cute little one person operation in a big barn.  We found a little yarn
shop in Ithaca that was having a sale (we giggled like school girls when
we found it....) and then drove on to Schaefer Yarn.  What a nice little
operation that is. They have a tiny little outlet store in their house.  Ruth
and I both got some terrific deals.  I got some Schaefer Elaine, which is
a bulky thick/thin yarn.  Colors are fab...but I really don't like thick/thin
yarn. I made a shawl, then ripped it out and started a BORING
K2 P2 rib scarf. It looks really nice.

Blue sock from last post - ripped it out. It was going to be too tight
in the leg.I will start over in a size 2 needle for the leg. I tried to
knit socks but too painful just yet.

I really wish I could show you my pictures. Thank goodness I was able to
get Ruth and Martha's pictures.....

Ruth:
 This is my latest sock. It a simple pattern. K3, P1 all the way. Yarn is ON lite with aloe vera and jojoba. Color is flower. Nice basic sock yarn.


 Very fun!!!

Martha: 
 Here is my latest sock. This is a Blattwerk sock
pattern by Stephanie van der Linden made out of Koigu KPPPM wool.
Merino 100%. the heel, as you know, has been changed from the pattern
one. I knitted the heel from the Sock Knitter's Handbook, pg. 58-59
Strong Heel. As you know I liked that heel allot, only decreases and
no short heels. I also used the toe technique called the Turkish toe,
which I followed from the instructions from the blog FluffyKnitterDeb.
From 2/3/2009. I liked the instructions, procedure and look. I
highly recommend both heel and toe. 










 Very nice!!!!








No comments: