Sunday, November 4, 2012

Obsessed

I  finished up the Double Purly Swirly socks.
They turned out terrific. Amazing what a nice blocking can do.
Used Lorna Laces Comfort Yarn.  I like it a lot.

 
I was going for a hair cut/color on Thurs and panicked, because
I didnt have any socks to work on while I sat there. So I grabbed
a skein of Madelinetosh Light that I was going to use for the
Rockefeller Shawl (Stephen West pattern).  I have two skeins
of very pretty bluish/brownish/whiteish yarn and what to do
with it?  
 So I cast on 80 stitches since they would be for mom for
Christmas and started ribbing.  That's the thing with socks, you can
always figure out the pattern while doing the ribbing. I want them
to be long, so I did 2" of ribbing. I hate this part, don't you? I just
want to get on with it....LOL.

Ruth made some Whirlpool socks a while ago, and I loved them.
She showed me her trick so they look nice if you are not using 
beads.  The pattern looked great with the yarn, but the yarn is
SOOOOO splitty I was really struggling. I worked on them a 
whole night and got 1" done...HUH?  Weird. Finally I knew it
was not going to work, so I ripped back to the ribbing.


I found a pattern in Favorite Socks book that used the
right multiple of stitches so I decided to try it and see
how it looked.  Wavign Lace Socks.




It is hard to see from the pictures.

















I am like a woman obsessed with them.  They are fun, and the
pattern is working great with the yarn...

I will make those Whirlpool socks yet!

Ruth finished up her vest this week...in under 2 weeks.
Reminder: Yarn is from Briar Rose that she got at Rhinebeck
Pattern is Hikers Vest.

Here it is with buttons she chose:

















I love this picture above because you can really see the
colors POP.  Nice buttons !!!

She started some socks for her granddaughter Moriya:













Colors are awesome....Moriya is very girly!

Martha finished up Tom's socks this week:














Creatively Died yarn, pattern is called Boxcar Willie.
NICE>>>>>>

She has been swatching some of the yarn she got.














The top is yarn Ruth gave her and she is going to make Monkey
socsk by Cookie A with them.
Bottom is KidLin...she gave us some at Rhinebeck and it is very
nice. She said its easy to work with (and rip...).
___________________________________________

Family news:  Joey got a nice 8 point buck with his BOW this
week. I am so proud of him.  A nice shoulder shot.













Congrats...JOE....















It was cold here this weekend. I made pizza last night,and roast tonight.
I keep thinking about all of the misplaced people with Hurricane Sandy,
and how cold they must be. We are so lucky####...

Till next week.

No comments: